Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Druthers..

With new days comes new things...
I decided an overhaul of peace of cake was necessary since I am feeling like I am in a different place in my life..
I am in a happier part.
Don't get me wrong my bad days come...but then they go.
And that is the important thing to remember, a day is only 24 hours. It'll be a new one before you know it and 20 years from now I won't remember the crude remarks or the stress level of L block.
I will just look back and see those who where there for me and all the nights I stayed up until ungodly hours of the morning doing nothing.. absolutely nothing but having fun while I did it.

I came back to New York with intentions of second chances and I feel like I have done ok, but I know I should try harder.
Mind you there is always an exception.
And sometimes that exception leads to others and so on and so forth.
Before you know it you are back where you started.
So with this new face of Peace of Cake I will turn my cheek.
I will look at the good.
Forgive but never forget.
Because in the end every breath I spend discussing the failure of others is a breath I could have be expressing the love and fun in life.
Another breath I could have used to laugh instead.

I'm glad this overhaul has happened now because I know I am going to need this to keep peace of mind in the coming weeks.
But I will embrace it, showing fun no mercy.

A thoughtful quote today while I was in Rhinebeck exploring with lovely friends...
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. -Thich Nhat Hanh
If I had my druthers I'd be Peaceful anyway<3

No comments:

Post a Comment