Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

It really is the little things.

I didn't have an amazing day in breads class today but..
When I returned to my room I got dressed and Al and I went on our way
The plan was to start our Christmas shopping. Kohls and Walmart were the targets.
So we drove and talked and vented to each other about current life situations
Once we got to Kohls we shopped around, didn't really buy much but looked around.
Then at Walmart we made laps and laps around the store in search of Christmas goodies.
On the way home we talked about the upcoming visit home and she put to rest some worries I was having
By this point we had gotten superrrr hungry since our CIA meal swipes left us with plenty to ask for.
So we stopped at the always trusty Mickey D's
As we looked at the menu , we quickly decided the dollar menu was the way to go.
and I explained to her the glory of the McAwesome.
McAwesome: 1 McDouble 1 McChicken. Slap them together and you have a McAwesome.
One of the best inventions in the world. The best of both worlds.
We both ordered the needed ingredients along with fries and drinks.
As we sat to feast we talked about how long it had been since it was just us two.
Back in the day it was always just Al and Stephie but lately it was usually the gang.
The change of pace was nice and refreshing to say the least.
anyways we feasted and spoke of how delicious it was all the while.
I suppose we discussed other things too but most likely less important.
As Al reached her last bite of McAwesome for some reason I looked up at her.
She put the chunk of awesome in her mouth and there was the slightest smirk across her face.
And that was the moment I realized it really is the little things.

Now I told you that to tell you this.

The McAwesome, the shopping, the alone time with my wonderful roommate is what made my day.
The sheer happiness that was wiped across Al's face as she finished her sandwich made my day.
The way I made her laugh when I told her the best Christmas gift would be a picture of her eaten a cheeseburger made my day.(in fact I love making Al laugh it's always really funny)
The hug from Al made my day.

Thank you Allyson Ball.
If it were not for randomly getting thrown into a dorm with you I would not have made it this long and will not make it through college. I love you my lil lady bug<33

Be Peaceful<3
And be grateful for those around you and the little things.

It's the little things that make or break your day in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much Steph!
    I can honestly say this is probably the nicest thing anyone has written or said about me.
    I'm so happy we got randomly thrown into a dorm together, too.
    <3333

    p.s. That all made my day too. I missed my Stephie Bear. <3

    ReplyDelete