Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learning the facts..

Today was a good day..
we are prepping for grand buffet in class
I don't think I have talked about grand buffet on here yet.. so basically it is a buffet that certain culinary and baking classes put on every 3rd Thursday of the block, the day before graduation.
There is a ton of really good and most of the time unusual food as well as amazing and delicious desserts and breads.
I learned early on when I got to this school that if you CAN attend.. You DO and you get there early and wait in line because you will for sure want to be one of the first in the dining hall to A)Grab a whole table for you and your friends and B) raid the dessert stations and get as much fatty food as possible... this includes multiple trips back and forth and the covering of an entire table with Bread and Butter plates full of desserts.
Only after you have gotten a portion of any dessert you may want to try then do you go and scope out the food selection. and you will have to cut in line, butt in front of others and jump in line with any friend or acquaintances you might see.
Over all it's pretty sweet and this block is the first block we actually get to contribute.
In breads class we did send down bread but this time we actually get to interact and be part of the buffet.
So I am pretty excited about Grand Buffet and then it will be Friday and Pastry Tech will be over.
I am hoping to finish this class with a solid A and move on to Cookies

I cannot believe how fast January has gone by..seems like yesterday I was in B block counting the days till Christmas break and now I am in G block and will be going on extern EXTREMELY soon.
Its insane.. and let me tell you.. the pressure is onnnnn!

that's all for tonight <3 Be peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment